During your stay we ask you to do your part and comply with CDC and local County/Health ordinances to help keep the North Lake Tahoe community healthy and safe and to protect yourself and our local residents against COVID-19. Here are some guidelines and Resource Links (below) to prepare you for your visit.
- We ask that guests bring their own personal protective equipment (PPE) including face coverings, hand sanitizer/wipes, gloves and anything else recommended by local County/Health ordinances. Local stock may be in short supply in Tahoe so please plan ahead and bring the items from home.
- When possible, SkyRun will provide hand sanitizer and a disinfectant spray product to be used frequently by guests on hard surfaces and high touch/traffic areas in the rental during your stay
- Face coverings are required in public spaces - particularly indoors or when physical distancing is not possible. CDPH Guidance for Use of Face Coverings.
- Guests practice social/physical distancing and good respiratory and hygiene etiquette at all times including frequent hand washing or the use of hand sanitizer, coughing/sneezing into kleenex or sleeve of elbow, How to Protect Yourself & Others | Social/Physical Distancing
- Contactless self check-in allows guests to go directly to rental and access key via lock box or smart lock. For lobby check-ins, social/physical distancing and wearing a face covering is required. Check-in Instructions are emailed to guest 7 days prior to the arrival date.
- Regularly clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces, equipment and other elements in the rental environment during your stay
- Turn on ventilation system and/or open windows whenever possible during your stay for air circulation
- If washing dirty laundry during your stay, do not shake items to minimize the possibility of dispersing the virus in the air
- Do not travel if you or any guests in your party are ill or showing flu-like or COVID-19 symptoms. Should guests become ill during their stay, contact SkyRun and Placer County Public Health immediately and seek medical attention. What to Do if You Are Sick/Symptoms
- To limit exposure, non-essential cleaning and maintenance teams will be deferred while the rental is occupied. Emergency and urgent issues will be handled only
- To minimize the risk of "high-touch" surfaces, non-essentials may be removed from the rental. Such items may include throw blankets, decorative and extra bed pillows, blankets, and collateral materials such as magazines. A hospitality starter kit is provided for guests that includes individual size bottle of shampoo and conditioner, cleansing bar, toilet paper, dish soap, dishwashing detergent, paper towel, wrapped sponge and trash bags are provided. For your added comfort, we invite guests to bring their own items and groceries from home or purchase items locally to support the North Lake Tahoe community.
- Due to the enhance cleaning and inspection standards and time given for each vacation rental to be vacant for a period of time prior to next guests arrival, early check-ins and late check-outs can not be granted at this time. We kindly ask that you respect the 10am PST departure time.
There is much to learn about COVID-19 that causes the spread of the disease. Based on what is currently known about COVID-19, spread of the virus from person-to-person happens most frequency among close contact with others (less than 6 ft) through the transmission of respiratory droplets that come in contact through the eyes, nose or mouth than from fomites (person-to-surface contamination). Best practices for surface contamination is cleaning and disinfecting visibly dirty surfaces frequently for preventive measures against COVID-19 and other viral respiratory illnesses in households and community settings. To learn more visit: Spread of COVID-19.
COVID - 19 Amenities & Access and Boating Updates
HOA's may have restricted access to amenities due to COVID-19. You can find the latest updates by clicking on the link below in addition to information for boating: Northstar HOA/Home | Northstar HOA Guidelines and Policies | Northstar HOA/Appointy Instructions | Northstar HOA/Make an Appointment | Tahoe Donner HOA | Tahoe Park HOA | Boating Updates | Northstar California Resort | Squaw/Alpine Resorts | Welk Resorts Northstar Lodge
Tahoe Forest Hospital - should you need medical attention with any provider or service during your stay, call (530) 582-6205 or visit on line HERE.
North Lake Tahoe Informational Visitors Guide
Visit Truckee/Know Before You Go
Placer Co. Public Health/ COVID-19
State of California/COVID-19
Nevada County Health & Human Services/COVID-19
North Lake Tahoe COVID-19 Community/Events Update
Town of Truckee Events
Let's Keep Each Other Healthy and Safe - We have taken enhanced health and safety measures for you, our guests, team members and the local residents. We deeply appreciate your support in being a good community member and helping do your part to keep North Lake Tahoe safe and healthy and to ensure local residents see visitors as an asset to the community! Understanding that the inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place or in the presence of others, guests voluntarily assume all risks related to the exposure of COVID-19 when visiting North Lake Tahoe and staying in a SkyRun vacation rental.
We appreciate your understanding and wish you and yours good health as we navigate through this unusual time! We look forward to returning to the life as we once know it. Safe travels!